Are You Suffering from Business Burnout?
The Kildare Audit & Accountancy Services team know that the last two years have been demanding and exhausting for many business owners. Are you one of them?
The challenges have been relentless, and we know many small business owners have had to navigate unprecedented demands because of the pandemic and related government regulations.
The most important step is to acknowledge you feel burned out and need a break.
Take a break as soon as you can. Plan ahead for time away from the business. However, while getting some rest in the short-term will help, long-term stress will take commitment to recover from.
Strategies to Help Recover from Burnout
What can you do differently to avoid prolonging or retriggering the burnout? Here are some tips from the Kildare Audit & Accountancy Services team
- Delegate – Look at the low-value tasks you spend time on and pay someone to do them for you. This will free up time and energy.
- Re-energise – If you’re struggling with a lack of enthusiasm or purpose, talk to colleagues or a business coach for support. If possible, connect with people in the same industry so you can share among others who may be facing similar challenges.
- Stand back – Take an objective look at how much you are working and how effective you are. For example, is it time to streamline your work activities and put boundaries around working hours?
- Reassess your goals – Do you have clear business goals for the short-term and long-term? Either set some realistic goals or revise them if they are too difficult right now.
- Commit to some regular self-care actions – Think about what you love doing outside your business that is nourishing. Regular exercise? Time in nature? Going on a retreat? Learning something for fun? Improving your diet? Get an app on your phone that reminds you to take mini breaks throughout each day. Whether that is movement, mindfulness or music, use technology to help.
- Celebrate milestones and achievements – When overwhelmed with stress or exhaustion, it’s easy to forget the positives. Remind yourself of just how much you have done in the last year!
For the latest business/practice news, taxation/financial resources and our Newsletter, visit https://kaas.ie/